Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Les Aventures de Leyla et Monsieur Teddy Bear...

I like to picture Mr. Teddy Bear as being {French}... I know it's odd... I'd actually like to put a beret on him and feed him fish stew... La Chaudree to be more specific... Why you ask? Because bears like fish, of course! Duh!

So, Leyla puts Mr. Teddy through a lot every day. She's actually quite fickle... one minute she's squeezing him close... and then... without a warning she'll launch him 3 feet in the air and he'll land with a {thud} on the floor. She's been known to leave him laying in a heap in a corner of our room. Je suis désolé, Monsieur Teddy! Sometimes she'll actually throw him out of the car before I shut the door... who knows why. Maybe he told her he hates hearing that Bumble Bee song over and over again? I'm just saying...

Being that it was a very rainy weekend, we spent most of our time inside... For Mike and I, it was niiiiice... forced relaxation at home. We weren't sure if Leyla would get bored being inside {all} weekend... let's just say that Mr. Teddy was more than accommodating. Leyla was totally happy with herself while forcing Mr. Teddy to wear her hot pink Dora sunglasses...Tres chic, Monsieur Teddy, tres chic!

{I love my sunglasses...}
{How do I look?}


{I have a brilliant idea... Oh Mr. Teddyyyy... Can I see you for a moment?}
{These are going to look fabulous on you... Trust me!}
{You look mah-velous dah-ling!}
{Muah! Je t'aime Monsieur Teddy!}

It was on a beautiful Parisian evening on top of the Eiffel Tower that Mike proposed to me 5 years ago... We like to joke and say that's where the thought of Leyla came to be... it's like she was one of those beautiful twinkling lights that took my breath away... I hope to take Leyla there one day... With Monsieur Teddy of course... so that he can rediscover his roots!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. she is just too cute for words...seeing her pics put a smile on my face and makes my heart sing...keep posting mama...this way i feel like i see her everyday!

    ReplyDelete