Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Alphabet Stickers...

Hmmm, I wouldn't exactly describe Leyla as being patient. Focused, maybe? Yes, focused is a good way to describe her. I'm loving Leyla's improved attention span and the fact that she'll sit and put all of her energy into a certain task or some sort of play. Only because not too long ago, she was all over the place. Nowadays, she'll sit and carefully draw a picture or make a pretend meal for you... or wrap and rewrap her baby-doll until it's juuuust perfect! =) By the way... When Leyla talks about her baby or her hair, she turns into a Southern Belle... a downright Scarlett O'Hara, if you will. She sounds like, "Mah bay-beh! Mah hay-uh!" {HA!}

The other day, I thought that I'd scan through the memory card on my camera... So, I grabbed my camera and plopped onto the couch. As I sat and intently viewed my photos, I felt Leyla's little fingers on my leg. I didn't pay much attention... and a few moments went by. When I finally looked to see what she was doing, I saw this:



Leyla had found a little sheet of stickers and was oh-so-carefully, one tiny sticker after another, sticking them onto my leg. She was so into it that she didn't even notice me taking her picture. I love the face she makes when she concentrates... the little furrowed brow and the pursed lips... she looks exactly like Mike! =) 


By the time she was finished, the upper part of my leg was completely covered with these little alphabet stickers. The funny thing was, she kept an eye on me for a while after she was done... I think to make sure that I didn't remove any of them! {HA!} Let me tell you... they were a PAIN to take off... I even found a couple on my shower floor the next morning. =)

It was a just a little moment in time... but these are the types of moments that I don't want to forget...
Happy, Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment