A short but sweet Flashback Friday post! Here we are about to celebrate Leyla's second year of life... when it feels like we JUST celebrated her first! I must say that this year feels SO different. The first year was literally filled with lots of firsts. Being a mom... feeling like a mom... coming back to work, all the preparation leading up to her first birthday, were definitely overwhelming for me. It all culminated during this moment at Leyla's first birthday party. As everyone sang, "Happy Birthday" to my dear Leyla... I was overcome with so many emotions. I felt so grateful, happy, and blessed to be surrounded by the people I love... and so relieved that we made it through the first year! {HA!} Then... sure enough... I started to cry. There were so many things that I wanted to say... and it all, so typically "Jane", came out in the form of tears.
Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend all! Let's eat some cake!
*Photos by Sae Lee



does she still fit in the hanbok?? i say try to squeeze her into it. =P HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEYLA!! see you on sunday! =)
ReplyDeleteHAHA! When we bought it, we bought it slightly big... and the halmuhnee sewed it so that it could easily be taken out as she grows. She'd definitely hate me for it though! =)
ReplyDeleteSee you on Sunday! Can't wait!