Dear Leyla,
Today marks four years of wedded bliss for your Dada and I. Honestly, I'm not sure where the time went! Just when I got used to being called a fiance, I became a wife... and just when I got used to being called a wife, I became a Mama. =) Maybe it's because I'm feeling nostalgic with it being our wedding anniversary and all. Or maybe it's just a "thing" that I do every once in a while. Just as I did when I was a young girl, I found myself lost in old pictures last night... After we tucked you in bed, I pulled out my boxes of pictures... and we went on a little trip down memory lane.
So... on the 2nd day of June, 2007 we said those magical two words: "I DO". My bridesmaids and I stayed in adjoining hotel rooms the night before the ceremony while Mike stayed at home. Pretty traditional, right? {wink} I remember waking up slightly disoriented... but totally excited. Like it was Christmas morning. That's when I, through sleepy eyes, watched as the door separating our rooms slowly crept open... before I realized what was happening, Kat came charging through the room, did a flying leap up onto my bed, and started jumping up and down... All while yelling, "You're getting married today! You're getting married today!" That's why Ms. PhD and soon to be Mrs. will always be affectionately called my "Jr. Bridesmaid". {HA HA!} Honestly though... that was so the tone of our wedding day. It was joyous, lighthearted, and full of love... The Beatles song that we chose as our recessional was a pretty good reflection of that. =)
Leyla, I hope that someday you will enjoy reading and hearing about our wedding day... and I hope that you will enjoy getting lost in the pictures just as I do. So in honor of our wedding anniversary, here are a few pictures from our day. How on earth will I narrow them down to fit into this post? Hmm... {HA!}
Love, Mama
{photos by Sae Lee Portrait Gallery}



Getting ready...

My girls...


The cutest flower girl and ring bearer. Ever. =)



Everybody say, "HA HA HA!"

I can't believe how little they are in these pictures!




With my dad... Bittersweet... <3

"Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da"... We did it!
BTW... Notice Mike's groomsman blowing a bubble up in the right corner? Classic Jim.








Grand entrance & first dance...

With my brother and cousins... All grown up! =)

Dance? You betcha!


Noah looks like he's about to bust some Michael Jackson moves... Go Jr. Bridesmaid!!!



Mom & Aunt: "It's too loud!" while my Uncle John & Cousin Roy show off their moves...

LOVE THEM! =)



Whew... it's done! Happily Ever After {and Maui} here we come!
Happy Thursday!



Wow...that was a fun little stroll down memory lane...thank you again for making me a part of you special day and for including me in one of the most memorable experiences in our lives!
ReplyDelete