Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mama + Daughter Weekend...

While Mike was in Montreal for work this weekend, Leyla and I had lots of time to hang out and slow down enough to smell the roses... Not that we don't ever do this when he's home. It's just that Mike and I suffer from the same condition: Squeeze-too-many-things-into-a-short-period-of-time syndrome. We usually have a gazillion things/activities that we try to accomplish throughout a too-short weekend. Minus the few hours that I spent Saturday indulging in a much needed massage then lunch with two of my girlfriends, Leyla and I enjoyed hours of delicious non-activities: MAJOR lounging, lots of hokey-pokey-ing, strolling, then more lounging, and reading. However, we did have one big event happen this weekend. Drum roll, please... Leyla had her first successful trip to the POTTY! {YES!} I wish I had the ability to have a fireworks display go off for you right now because that's how happy I feel when I think about it. When I shared the news with one of my girlfriends, she told me that I HAD to blog about it. While I was hesitant to just throw my daughter's bathroom adventures out there, she's right... It is a major milestone after all! One step closer to being diaper free! I'm so excited for that day. In fact I'll be so happy I'll probably be tempted to throw a "Proud to be... Diaper Free!" party... and you'd all be invited of course. {WINK!}

Here's glimpse into our quiet Saturday. The late afternoon sun filled Leyla's room with a pretty glow...




 


I love this picture for many reasons. One of them being that she totally has a milk mustache! {HA!}


Happy Monday, all...
Make it a GREAT week!

1 comment: