Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ferris Wheel...

Ahhh, I love 3 day weekends... especially in the summertime! Sandwiched between a block party on Saturday and a BBQ on Monday, was an adorable Korean First Birthday Party that I tagged along with Sae Lee to photograph. It feels like just yesterday we were celebrating Leyla's big numero uno... {SIGH!}  When I got home, Mike mentioned that Cassaundra and Eric had invited us over for dinner then a walk across the way to Irvine Spectrum. Good food, even better company, and a little bit of retail therapy sounded like a dream to me!

Sadly, it feels like FOREVER since Mike and I have gone out at night. Wow, somehow that sentence sounded a lot less sad in my head. {WINK} Anyways, I found myself just as mesmerized as Leyla was by the crowds of people and twinkling lights. As we approached the GIANT ferris wheel, I saw both Mike's and Leyla's eyes widen. When Mike asked if we all should ride, Cassaundra answered with an all-too-quick, "NO THANKS!" so the three of us {Mike, Leyla and I} got in line. As we waited for our turn, Leyla gazed up at the larger-than-life ferris wheel. She even did a cute circular motion with her hands... you know, the hand movement you do when you sing, "The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round..." and exclaimed, "It goes 'round and 'round! 'Round and 'round!!!" Now, I'm not afraid of heights... but for some reason, I was a little nervous... =) When it was time for us to board, Leyla happily jumped in and kicked her legs as we buckled her in. 

 


Leyla hardly noticed as the ferris wheel started to move. Probably because she was having a blast singing and doing her hand movements with Mike. All of a sudden, she stopped singing and became all too aware of the fact that we were high in the sky... the lights of the city twinkled down below us. Leyla's eyes turned into large saucers as she slowly said, "UH OH!" and looked over her shoulder. Thank goodness she didn't freak out or cry... What a brave little girl she is. =)


When our ride was over, I felt relieved that all three of us could put our feet on solid ground. I then realized that I wasn't nervous for myself during the ride.... but for Miss Leyla. Although... seeing how well she kept it all together made me realize that I'm the one that should be worried about and not the other way around! {HA!}


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment