Motherhood. A perpetual dance of contrasts. Holding on yet letting go... nurturing yet fostering independence... "Yes, you may have a cookie" but "No, you may not feed it to the doggy". {HA!} I get excited about every milestone, every new word she utters, and all that comes with her growing up... all while wishing I could just hold on to "Baby Leyla"... just for a little longer because it feels like it's going by SO fast!. {SIGH} If you ask her, she'll tell you that she's a big girl OR still a baby... depending on what she's trying to achieve. {WINK} These days she's been referring to the past in her sentences... although apparently, everything happened "YESTERDAY". On Sunday afternoon, I took Leyla out for a ride on her tricycle. When we got home, she told Mike that she rode her bike and went to the park yesterday. She also says that we went to Disneyland yesterday even though it was a couple of weeks ago.
Someday when I'm old and gray I'll tell her... "It feels like just yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital..."
Here are a few pictures from our walk around the neighborhood. This was the first time that Leyla has been able to reach the pedals on her tricycle! It definitely felt funny to walk beside her without pushing her along...=)
Start your engines...
There's my little pedaling machine!
Happy girl...
Leyla takes on long roads and "big kid" playground equipment with no fear...
Taking a juice break...
She told me to say cheese, snapped her shot, then reviewed it on her "screen"... What a pro... {WINK}
Happy Thursday!
Love the new header image on blog homepage!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ken! =)
ReplyDelete