Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

A weekend in Malibu...

I'm actually glad that the 405 fwy closure fell on the weekend that I'd be photographing a wedding in beautiful Malibu. Well, I should clarify. Initially, I was dreading the drive... especially the drive back home at 1am. Due to the potential driving challenges, Mike suggested that we just make a weekend getaway out of it... although there ended up being absolutely no traffic at all! =) While I worked it for 14 hours on Saturday {!}, Leyla and Mike had a great day... they took a scenic drive along the coast, went to Chuck E Cheese, then ordered an On Demand cartoon at the hotel. =) Mike sent me cute picture messages throughout the day so that I wouldn't miss out on any of the fun they were having. Here are a couple from their day:

Breakin' all the rules at Chuck E Cheese...
A movie and snacks in bed...
On Sunday morning, I woke up majorly sore. My arms, hands, back, legs, and feet ached... I thought back to my Uncle Sae saying as we left Calamigos Ranch, "Tomorrow you'll feel like you played a long game of soccer". He wasn't kidding. Thank goodness all we had planned for the day was brunch at the hotel, then laying out on the beach all day! We had a nice relaxing time at Zuma Beach... it was actually Leyla's first time playing in the sand and going out into the water. At first she kept asking me to wipe her hands of the sand {HA!} but after building a couple of sand castles and burying Dada's feet, she quickly forgot all about staying "clean"... =)

OK! I've got my pails... Let's go!

My hands!





I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! Now, it's back to the grind. Make it a great week!
Happy Monday!

*All photos taken w/ iPhone, edited w/ Instagram*

No comments:

Post a Comment