It's amazing... even though Mike and I work together, getting each other caught up about what's new at work and what's up for the weekend is a major undertaking. Although we're busy, I feel like we're at a really exciting stage in our lives. We have a little girl who changes by the minute and so much to look forward to in the coming years. Yes, we've got a lot on our plates. Yes, some days I feel that I wear 20 different hats. Here's the thing though... I've learned something about myself since having Leyla. I thrive on forward motion. My thoughts are: if you slow down too much going up hill on a bike, you fall over... if you slow down too much during a marathon, it's REALLY hard to get back on pace. Ya get me? I want to be able to look back and say that I truly gave it my all. So... I'll continue to try to be the best wife that I can be {as long as there is no extensive cooking involved... my culinary skills leave much to be desired, blog readers}, the best mom that I can be, the best employee that I can be, and the best room parent I can be {HA!}... all while chasing my creative aspirations. I want to be an example for my daughter so that someday she will work hard, dream big, and follow her ambitions.
I'll end this blog post with a few pictures from our Sunday evening... I know, she's wearing a helmet on a tricycle... A helmet with blinking lights on the back. That would be Mike's idea. He says that if she gets used to wearing it now, she won't complain when she has to wear one when she starts riding a two wheeler. Yup, that's my husband. Boy scout/parenting strategist extraordinaire. =)
Happy Wednesday!



SO CUTE! yay! her little feet reach the pedals!
ReplyDelete