Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Leyla's First Movie...

When I was about 3 years old, my parents decided to take me to see my first movie. We drove to the local drive-in movie theatre on Spring Street in Long Beach {I think that it's since been replaced with a Cal Worthington car dealership... Sad!}. Anyways, my parents didn't realize how afraid I'd be of the friendly extra terrestrial creature forcing my parents to leave early... Would you believe that I still, to this day, have never watched E.T? {HA!}

On Saturday, we decided on a whim to take Leyla to watch her first movie {a much more toddler friendly, Winnie the Pooh}. We knew that it would be a risk given Leyla's age and attention span but we thought we'd give it a try. Being that there's a $2 movie theatre right by our home that plays older movies, we figured that it would be the perfect place to try out our first movie experience with Leyla.

When the lights dimmed and the large screen illuminated, Leyla's eyes widened and she gave it her full attention. The movie was sprinkled with her commentary: "Uh oh! He's falling! That's honey! Where'd he go?" =) In a slower part of the movie she loudly announced, "I wanna go home!". Thankfully after some coaxing, Leyla decided to sit through the rest of the movie and ended up really enjoying herself. When we got home and asked her if she liked Winnie the Pooh, she happily said that she liked watching the movie on the "big TV". =)








Happy Labor Day and Happy Monday!

1 comment: