Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Determination and Monkey Bars...

The other week, my parents babysat Leyla on a Sunday while I was out on a photo shoot. When I got back home, my dad proudly told me that he taught Leyla how to swing across the monkey bars all by herself. Now, this was no easy feat... Miss L. actually took my parents on multiple trips to the park in one day. Haha! My dad said that she fell off the monkey bars so many times throughout the course of the afternoon... but said that she would just jump right back up and start over again... until she finally made it all the way across! So, of course I had to see this for myself. Leyla and I raced home one afternoon after I picked her up from school and headed to the closest park in our neighborhood. As I watched Leyla swing herself from rung to rung, I wondered two things. First: When did she get so big? Second: Can I still make it across??? Sadly, the answer to the second question is, NO! HAHA!

Today we made a visit to a pediatric specialist and received some news about Leyla having some vision issues... Our little munchkin will be wearing glasses soon. While we're glad that we noticed that she is having some problems now rather than later when correction could be impossible, I'm definitely sad that Leyla's eyes aren't developing properly. I'm pretty emotional about it all... thank goodness Mike keeps reminding me that we have plenty to be thankful for and that it could absolutely be a lot worse.

Besides, Leyla is and has always been a determined soul... I know that glasses won't slow her down... In fact I can't wait to see how she sees the world after she gets them!








Have a great weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment