You know... one should never underestimate a child. Even though Leyla can't fully respond, she can really understand almost everything that Mike & I talk about. The other day Leyla and I came home to find a package on our doorstep. I said, "Leyla! These must be the shoes that I ordered for you!". I sat the box down on the floor by the front door and tried to get settled in after a long day of work... That's when our little fashionista got irritated. I couldn't figure it out until she plopped herself down right next to the box... She wanted that box open that instant because she KNEW that the contents inside were hers. Haha... As I opened her box, she was literally rocking back and forth with excitement... (I open a certain little blue box with the same anticipation... HAHA!) When I finally pulled her new shoes out, Leyla shot her little legs out and immediately wanted those beautiful pink and brown suede puppies on her feet. Oh Leyla... you are definitely my daughter!
| Leyla in her new Gap jean jacket... |
No comments:
Post a Comment