Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunny Sunday...

See? I wished for sunshine after the rain and that's just what we got... a beautiful and sunny {albeit crisp} weekend! Originally, upon hearing that it was supposed to rain like crazy we planned for full hibernation-mode... Although it rained a bit on Saturday night, we awoke on Sunday morning to see beautiful blue skies... and maybe a few white fluffy clouds here and there. Apparently, Mike had a trip to the San Diego Zoo on his mind for a while... he woke up and made a beeline to our computer to do some research on annual pass pricing... As I sat there groggily in my pajamas, Mike asked, "So when's the last time you went to the zoo?" and "Do you think that Leyla would enjoy the zoo?"... After I sat there and slowly blinked my eyes at him for a few moments, {I don't make quick decisions in the morning without my coffee} and saw the hopeful look on Mike's face, I said... "LET'S DO IT!" It was the perfect opportunity to get away and clear our heads...

As I got Leyla dressed and ready to go, I explained where we were going... I asked her to say the word, "ZOO" and she happily repeated after me... I also explained that we were going to see elephants and lions. She gave me a wide-eyed and concerned look... not sure why? Ha ha! I'm curious if she expected to see elephants and lions like the ones she sees in her room... {Aren't all elephants the color pink with "I love mommy" stitched on its chest? Don't all lions sing and have light-up noses?}

When we arrived at the zoo, it dawned on us that it was a 3-day holiday weekend... it was PACKED! I didn't get to take as many photos as I would have liked because there were just too many people. I'll make sure to take more the next time we go... All in all it was a lovely time..

So again, here is that look of concern... I reminded her as we stood in line to buy tickets that we'd be seeing lions and elephants... This is the same look she gave me at home! Ha ha ha!
This guy was the first to greet us... My mother-in-law joked that he knew that Dehdashtis were coming...
Leyla was so excited to see this peacock walking around... she followed him around fearlessly...

Elephants!
 
Pretty trees with delicate pink blossoms...

On our way home we decided to stop by downtown La Jolla for dinner... Mike and I have spent a couple of weekends there pre-Leyla so it was nice to go back and hit one of our favorite restaurants... George's at the Cove. The view is spectacular... you almost don't even care about how good the food is as you gaze out to the ocean.


Looking very determined to put a dent in her pasta...
Checking out the view as she ate...
I wish I had this view every day!
US...

Well, it's the start of a new week everyone... make it as great as you want it to be! =) Happy Monday!

2 comments: