Without going into too much detail, work has been a challenge. Mike has been put in a tough spot and is sacrificing himself... mentally and physically... valiantly trying to "keep it all together". You know what though? He's not doing it for himself... he's doing it for the good of the employees, for the good of "his guys". However, difference in opinion is another one of those things in life that is not under our control. Like I said, the rain falls whether or not we want it to...
Our ray of sunshine has been, without a doubt Miss Leyla... When Mike comes home and opens the front door, Leyla runs to him like he's been away for a decade... He drops his briefcase to the floor and gets the best hug of his life. For that brief moment, there is no stress... just pure happiness on his face. In fact, I wish I could pack a mini-Leyla in my purse so that she could pop out throughout the day and give us hugs. Ha ha!
I've always been an optimist... perhaps sometimes foolishly so... but I know in the end we'll all be ok. How do I know? Well, I don't FOR SURE... but here's my analogy for the day... bear with me now. Mike and I started our relationship mountain biking together. We'd prepare all week for those grueling and steep uphill trails. We'd go running throughout the week to increase our endurance and mentally prepare ourselves for the challenge to come. Why do we go up those hills? Work all week at it? For the sheer exhilaration of the downhill, of course! If there's a trail uphill, there will always be a trail downhill. No brakes... no pedaling. Just the wind in your face as you maneuver down a sweet downhill ride. This is how life is... we go through uphill battles and it makes us stronger... and more appreciative of the downhill... the good times that will inevitably follow...
Happy Wednesday everyone... life's all about attitude... if you see that someone's missing a smile, share yours.
Here's a picture... not one of Leyla this time... It's me making a birthday wish... Wishing for sunshine after the rain... oh and world peace of course... duh! =)
ooh, i hope everything works out for the best @ work for mike... (that's a sign of a good boss - taking one so that the boys are taken care of)
ReplyDeletehope you had a great birthday celebration!
The downhill will come...I love that saying at the end about sharing your smile. It made me smile!
ReplyDeleteBTW, if you figure out how to get a mini Leyla made...would you please put me down for 1 as well!
beautifully said. thanks so much for sharing your experience and the wisdom you've gained from your 33+ years!!
ReplyDeletethank goodness for you, and mike, and leyla... and the downhill.