Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Butterflies and Roller Coasters...

I must admit that I sat here and stared at a blank page for a minute. Make that two. The cursor on my computer screen blinked at me... almost as if winking and asking, "Well, what's it gonna be lady?" While a few things initially crossed my mind... like Leyla's new word these days, "robot" {which cracks me up for some reason. I make her say it just for kicks.} Or, her obsession with Perrier and Pellegrino mineral waters {she's SOOOO Mike's daughter}. Or even Leyla's compulsiveness when it comes to organization and cleanliness {again, totally a Mike thing}. What I actually stopped to think about was my cousin Amy's upcoming wedding. Her Facebook status... {OK, stop groaning and rolling your eyes please...} AHEM... Her Facebook status yesterday said, "Eek! Nine days..." {Swoon} I remember the days leading up to my wedding and the feelings of excitement, hope, and anticipation to begin this amazing journey together... I can only imagine the butterflies that have decided to permanently reside in Amy's stomach...

Speaking of butterflies in stomachs, there are certain milestones in life that have that "roller coaster effect". Now, I'm not referring to the "ups and downs" or "good times and bad times"... Here is my thought process... for those of you who are even remotely interested, read on. If not, humor me and read on anyway! Ha ha!

Falling in Love. Saying, "I Do". Bringing a child into the world. These are examples of milestones that I think give you that stomach flipping, thrill ride of a roller coaster experience. Take falling in love for example... You meet. You buckle up and hold on tight. You wait... anticipating... hoping... maybe even say a quick prayer {Ha!}. Then, if you're lucky? You FALL... you fall for each other... head over heels... in love. Hopefully, you let yourself go, hold your hands up in the air, and have the time of your life. See what I mean?

{SIGH} So, where was I before I got off on this mushy tangent that is characteristically "ME"? Oh yes... "Eek! Nine days...". {Ha!} My cousin pointed out that her wedding day happens to fall on the day that we change our clocks and "Spring Forward". I've been waiting oh-so-patiently for the longer days of spring to arrive... I'm hoping that the extra daylight will give me the extra energy and "ooomph" to take Leyla outside for some playtime with our dogs {for her} or maybe a jog {for me} after we get home. How do I know that Leyla has been wanting some playtime with the dogs? I caught her trying to sneak Stella in the other day... The look on Stella's face is cracks me up... She's thinking, "Oh, I know we're going to get in trouble"...


Happy Friday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Robot :) Do the dogs ever get to go inside the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken! Haha... she sounds like a robot herself when she says it because she emphasizes the "t" at the end. Sadly, the dogs do not get to come inside anymore because they just shed too much. They used to sleep in our room at night... I'm sure they blame Leyla. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute~

    my best friend's son (he's 2 1/2 now) says: motorcySWIcle & basssssKETballllllllllll

    ReplyDelete