Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Parents, Cheer Jumping, & KBBQ...

So, Mike's been out of town for work and Leyla's been saying something totally cute... but sad at the same time. She doesn't realize that he's gone... she just thinks that he's in the other room sleeping. Actually to quote Leyla accurately she says, "Dada shweeping". Thank goodness his meetings wrap up today because we miss him!

Last night, I had my parents meet me at Leyla's school to pick her up and then go out for dinner... My parents were totally impressed... but overwhelmed by the size. I think that they were expecting a much smaller facility. Ha... I saw them driving around aimlessly in the gigantic parking lot. I had to resort to doing a couple of cheer-style "X" jumps from my high school days to grab their attention... only back then it totally would have been a "Russian"... Duh! HAHA! I digress... When that didn't work, I did the full double arm wave while standing on my tip-toes {you know, the one you do when stranded on a deserted island while your rescue helicopter hovers above}. They saw me. Eventually. Aww, my parents are cute.

We headed over to a Korean BBQ place by our house... Leyla loves their radish soup {It's much more delicious than it sounds...Trust.} and I was in the mood for some spicy soft tofu soup. I love eating out with my parents because when my brother and I were growing up, we hardly ever ate out. It was only for special occasions... So, even to this day... a random Monday night dinner out with them feels... well, special.

After dinner, my parents decided to hang out for a while longer until it was Leyla's bedtime... my home was filled with the sounds of my parents' and Leyla's laughter. I left the living room briefly and upon my return I caught my parents folding the sheets I had left out to fold after Leyla went to bed. I started to protest until I noticed Leyla jumping up and down with glee as my parents would raise the sheets over their heads and then let them slowly float down on her. You can't buy moments like those.

Last night was a reminder of all that is good in this world. Laughter and loved ones... 

Here is a photo that makes me smile from our recent photo shoot... I know you're thinking... she still uses a bottle? Well, she doesn't use them at school but she'll still ask for one from time to time at home... Yet another thing to tackle along with binky-weaning. {SIGH} There's always something, right? HAHA! See those eyes? Leyla has the most gigantic, round eyes but when she laughs they look like little rainbows... Mike's eyes do the same thing. =)

Happy Tuesday!!!

1 comment: