Oh, my dear Leyla... Please fall asleep on your own tonight! Pretty please? Mama and Dada will take you on unlimited bike rides if you do! {Sigh}... She's having major anxiety at bedtime these days... last night she cried from the moment we put her down at 8:30pm until I gave in at 11pm. Yup, we actually let her sleep in our bed last night. It was the only way that Mike and I would be able to function at work today. We can't figure it out... Leyla's been sleeping on her own in her crib since she was 3 months old! We're talkin' nonstop screaming... she shouted everything that popped in her head... "BIKE!", "NOOO, MAMA!!!", "DORA, BOOTS!" Our poor neighbors... I wonder if they can hear her? I'm considering leaving them a little care package on their doorstep that consists of ear plugs and a Starbuck's gift card. Seriously.
Other than the sleep issues {Oy}, we had a nice weekend. We ran errands, got our hair "did", and went for a nice bike ride last night. After we got back, I walked into the kitchen as Mike was explaining to Leyla what a coconut was. OK, so Mike's been on this coconut water kick lately. He buys this really gross coconut water {sorry, honey} and swears by its health benefits. That's all well and good but I think that it tastes like more like foot water {BLECH}. Now let me clarify... this isn't like coconut juice... It has no resemblance to the umbrella garnished, tropical drinks that you might find on some beach in Maui. It's just the water of a coconut. At some point during our shopping trip that day, Mike bought an actual coconut {Without me even realizing it... where was I???} and had planned to drink its water to compare it to the stuff he buys. He cracks me up. ANYWAYS... after a few moments, Mike managed to crack a hole in the top of the coconut and stuck a straw straight into it. I laughed because Leyla looked totally intrigued and immediately asked for some. That was when I grabbed my camera...



So, what was the verdict? Leyla loved it... go figure. I tried a sip but still wasn't convinced. Those two can drink all the coconut water they want... I'll just stick to the plain stuff.
HAPPY MONDAY! Have a great week, all!
really?? you don't like coconut water? it's sooo good! (sometimes amazon has sales on cases of vita coco)
ReplyDeleteshe looks like she's enjoying the coconut water straight from the source! (i can't get over those cheeks! i want to bite her!!!! hahahaha)
You too? Vita Coco... that's what Mike buys! =)
ReplyDeletejane, really! it's soo good! ok, any time i see a vita coco sale on amazon, i'll let you know! =P (plus as an amazon mom you can get amazon prime shipping free for a year i think)
ReplyDelete