A few weekends ago, we decided to get some take-out from Houston's for a Saturday night dinner. For those of you who know me well, I'm sure you can guess what I ordered... the Thai Steak Salad, of course! YUM! The thought of this salad makes me very, very happy. If you've been to Houston's you know that right when you walk in you're basically smack-dab in the bar... not so kid-friendly on a Saturday night. So while we waited for our order, we walked next door to Sport Chalet to browse around and let Leyla have some freedom {without the risk of a tipsy person spilling a martini on her pig-tailed little head}.
Leyla had a ball... literally. She made a beeline for a cage full of bouncy dodgeballs... I personally had a major phobia of this game as a kid. Seriously... it's just a mean game... why on earth would you force kids into a group and let other kids pelt them with these not-so-soft balls? Why??? {HA!}
Next, {with some direction from Mike, of course} Leyla headed to this... I have a feeling that Mike would love it if she were to be into these when she gets older...
| |
Now, if my Dad is reading this... he's going to be very excited. VERY. As a child, I spent many-a-weekend at the driving range {Heartwell Golf Course in LB} with my father... I remember having my swing analyzed, being told to fix my grip, and mostly just being frustrated. I can honestly say that my main motivation for going was... wait for it... doughnuts. My mom, {the healthiest eater of them all} deprived my brother and I of junk food when we were little so... doughnuts? Oh. They were a big deal. =) We always made a stop beforehand. Honestly. {HA HA!} Thank you, dad for waiting patiently as I swung and missed more often than not, for letting me drive the golf cart {once in a while}, and for not giving me a hard time if I lost my temper {that involved me stomping off the green and hitting the grass with my club. Great etiquette, eh?}. Clearly, golf is not my forte. Who knows though... maybe Leyla will have more luck with it than I did!
What's the one thing that I'll always remember about those days? No matter how badly I played... my dad always gave me a smile and told me to try, try again.
HAPPY THURSDAY!
golf - it's the korean way... my motivation for going to the driving range w/ my dad when i was little were fresh chocolate chip cookies bigger than my face...
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Love it!
ReplyDelete