One night after dinner, Mike told Leyla that he brought home a surprise for her. I'm not sure if she knew exactly what that entailed or if she understood what the word, "surprise" meant... but she could tell it was of some significance. Her eyes widened as I said, "Leyla, are you ready for your surprise?". So, she patiently waited in her high-chair and kicked her legs as Mike went to the refrigerator. I looked over at her and smiled. I could tell that she was trying to read my face.... trying to figure out what this "surprise" was. Leyla was going through a little Elmo phase at that time. Then, Mike brought out this cupcake:

She sat and stared at him for a few moments, unsure if she should eat or play with him. As a big smile spread on her face, we let her know that it was OK to eat. She started by taking a small, cautious bite. She slowly worked on a small section of the top of the cupcake... mostly just sprinkles. Before she realized it, most of the red sprinkles was gone... swimming happily in her tummy. When she set her cupcake back down, she suddenly took a good look at it. It didn't quite sit up right anymore and it certainly didn't look like Elmo without those red sprinkles. That's when she cried... I mean REALLY cried. She was totally heartbroken. As Mike and I watched her, we were torn... it was funny, sad and cute all at the same time. I wanted to be able to wave a magic wand over the cupcake and bring Elmo back again.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
hahahahahaha, that's so cute!
ReplyDeleteElmo cake looks good!
ReplyDelete