in·spi·ra·tion/ˌinspəˈrāSHən/Noun
1. The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative: "flashes of inspiration".
Have you had your daily dose of inspiration? Maybe it's a person, a song you hear on the radio, or even a clear blue sky. The trick is being open. Having your eyes open.... Your ears open... Your heart open. It's so easy to become trapped in the daily grind that the overabundance of beautiful things this world has to offer just pass us by. We keep our heads down and worry about petty things. We rarely allow ourselves to slow down and really be inspired by something or someone.
What are some things that I'm inspired by? My parents, my husband and his work ethic, certain friends and family members who are courageously fighting their own personal battles, a good cup of coffee {HA!}, beautiful photography, and of course Leyla. I love my daughter's fascination with the little things that we take for granted. This morning at school, she spotted something on the ground and came to a screeching halt. There he was. A fat fuzzy black caterpillar crawling across the sidewalk. Leyla was SO excited that she actually squealed out loud. She got down on her hands and knees, knelt so low that her nose almost touched him, and patiently watched him make his slow and steady trek across the walkway. I was in a hurry {as always} and wanted to scoop her up and carry her inside. I started to pull her away {much to her chagrin} but then I stopped. She was so intrigued by the little guy that it just seemed wrong that I couldn't slow my roll.... just for a few moments. So I, {suit, heels, and all} crouched down and cheered Mr. Caterpillar on with Leyla. Instead of feeling rushed, frazzled, or preoccupied with my mental "To-Do" List for the day, I felt happy and inspired on my drive to work. I had the feeling that I started my day off right... with Leyla and Mr. Caterpillar.
I'll end this post with some photos from another one of my inspirations... My Uncle Sae. My cousins and I have been in front of his lens all of our lives. As children, we fidgeted and whined as we posed for yet another family photo... when all we really wanted to do was play. {HA!} I can probably speak for all of us by saying that, looking back, we are so incredibly lucky. I've always loved pictures... although my love of being behind the camera has come {relatively} late in life. I'm inspired to take beautiful pictures... and that stems from a lifetime of being in front of Uncle Sae's camera, and by witnessing what a life's passion truly looks like.
Enjoy a few photos from our November photo session with my Uncle Sae {these were not included in my Facebook album}...
![]() |
| Leyla LOVES animals so a trip to Zoomar Petting Zoo in San Juan Capistrano was perfect! |
![]() |
| Leyla loved these goats... she tried to bear hug them like she does with our dogs {or any dog for that matter}. |
Happy Friday!
“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
-Pamela Vaull Starr








No comments:
Post a Comment