Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Quiet Moment...

I'd almost forgotten what quiet sounds like...

Our house, as usual, was up and running early this morning... Mike left for work early but Leyla wanted to make sure she up too. She doesn't like to miss a thing. We lounged for a bit in bed... I had a mental checklist of the things that I wanted to accomplish this morning and I was reluctant to get started. After a few lazy minutes I forced us out of bed, gave Leyla her bath, cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed, and folded laundry. Leyla, the best helper ever, likes to put the tuperware away and hold the hose while vacuuming. All of this was done with plenty of background noise... lots of babbling about her teachers, the dogs, and her friends at school. After the chores were complete, Leyla decided that she wanted to read in her bed... Oh! So, we've converted her crib and it's now a toddler bed {SNIFF}! Can you believe it???

Leyla's napping as I'm writing this.  It's funny... I realize that, before I had Leyla, my "quiet time" was totally taken for granted. All day long... it's the radio, honking horns, bad elevator music, my jolly ol' British coworker who likes to showcase his boisterous singing ability right in the middle of the showroom floor {the acoustics are fantastic in there}... well, you get the idea. After Miss L fell asleep, I turned off the TV and silenced my phone... I literally unplugged. Just for a few moments. I sat in the silence and took in a deep breath... soaking in the calm. It was niiiice. The comical thing about it all was, I quickly realized just how quiet it was and started to miss Leyla's voice. So, I suppose that's why I'm writing this right now on a Saturday... because Mike and I always joke that no matter how much of a handful she is, we miss her when she sleeps.

Here are a few photos that I took of Leyla this morning...



Leyla in her, "Big Girl Bed"...

Leyla realized that she was only reading to an audience of one, Mr. Bunny...

So she went and got Mr. Teddy...


and Elmo...

and we read until she could hardly keep her eyes open...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay for the big girl bed!! love the braided pigtails~

    ReplyDelete