 |
| Mad dash for the candies... |
On Saturday, we celebrated the 2nd birthday of one of Leyla's sweet classmates, Juliana. It was fun to watch them socialize. I eavesdropped as Leyla had a conversation with a friend. "That for bubbles?", Maia asked while pointing at the the straw in Leyla's hand. "YA!", Leyla responded as they walked together. No it wasn't for bubbles, but Maia seemed satisfied with Leyla's answer. Haha! After the breaking of a Dora pinata, Leyla had her first taste of a chocolate bar... Chocolate. What's not to love, right?
 |
| I got one! |
 |
| First cautious bite... |
 |
| Asking Mike to open a SECOND one for her... ;) |
 |
| In chocolate heaven... if that isn't love, I don't know what is... |
 |
| We had a great time... thanks for having us! |
On Sunday morning, Leyla played in our backyard... Barefoot and happy:
 |
| Look at that devious expression... She wanted to get me with that hose, I'm sure! |
 |
| Checking on our tomato plants... |
 |
| Ready to play fetch with the dogs... |
 |
| Our Japanese maple finally showing some leaves... |
We ended our weekend with a trip to the 22nd Annual Spring Flower and Garden Show at Crystal Court in South Coast Plaza. It was packed with tons of people. The Dehdashti brothers were kind enough to "volunteer" themselves as babysitters while I browsed with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. When my mother-in-law asked why I didn't bring my purse with me, I told her that I hadn't planned on shopping and would rather just take photos of THEM shopping... She looked at me... wide-eyed and with a shocked expression. I know, I know... Jane not taking advantage of a shopping trip IS truly shocking. {HA!}
 |
| Leyla planted a sunflower w/ Cousin Morgan while we went shopping... |
|
|
 |
| Decisions, decisions... |
 |
| Mike's mom is the best negotiator! She was able to get some great deals... |
 |
| Hmm, so many to choose from! |
 |
| My mother-in-law was drawn to these succulents... |
 |
| Marla's favorite... she said that it looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie... |
|
 |
My mother-in-law did some major damage...Sam and Mike had to make multiple trips to the car with her purchases!
Wow, that was a really long post with lots of pictures. My camera AND shutter finger got a good workout this weekend!
Hope you enjoyed my weekend recap! Happy Monday! | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
ah, so leyla has now discovered the wonders of chocolate!! there's no turning back now~~
ReplyDeletepuahaha that picture of her clutching the water hose - she's got a devious look like dad!
succulents - we have so many in our yard; my mom is crazy. i ask for a pomegranate tree & then we get more succulents. *sigh* she wonders why i don't like gardening & i tell her it's b/c she's too control freak-ish about weeding & plant placement plus i hate bugs. but i have no problem with eating our homegrown veggies, citrus & avocados!
Ha ha Lydia! I told Mike about your "devious look" comment and he was like, "hey... what's that supposed to mean?!?" =D
ReplyDeleteOh man... I love homegrown veggies too! I also love our dwarf grapefruit tree! YUMMY! =)
tell him that i remember the looks he used to have when he'd plan practical jokes on the guys!
ReplyDeleteevery year without fail our grapefruit tree explodes with fruit... supposedly (i dunno how accurate that is since my mom got that info from an acupuncture/herbal place i think) people with high BP shouldn't eat grapefruit so my dad doesn't eat it. i have one every once in a while but i can't take too much of the sourness.
Happy likes to hang out by the fig tree - i caught him hip checking the tree to get at the fruit a couple times!