Last night, Mike was nice enough to pick Leyla up from school so that I could go and have dinner with two of my girlfriends in Seal Beach. First of all... I forgot how much I hate the 22 FWY... HA HA! Second of all... the restaurants on Main Street were PACKED! I forgot that people actually go out on weeknights... These days, I'm usually fast asleep along with Leyla by 9-9:30pm! -SIGH! =)
I got home embarrassingly early for a "night out"... around 9:30 {YUP, I'm admitting my dorkiness on the internet} and expected Leyla to be tucked away in bed... already in dreamland. When I walked through the door, there was practically a party going on. All that was missing was a disco ball. {WINK} The lights were all on and the TV was blaring... Dora the Explorer was heading to "Tall Mountain" with Boots, and Leyla was singing away. She was mid-song when she saw me and yelled, "MAMA!" After a trip to Costco, dinner, and a bath, Mike had lost track of time and was having a good ol' time with Miss L. When I asked Leyla if she had fun with Dada, she replied, "Ya... Cah-Coh FUN!" Translation: Cah-Coh = Costco. I don't know what made me laugh harder... the thought that maybe she, like her father, actually finds Costco to be fun... or that Mike had purposely coached her to say that when I got home. I think that he's secretly trying to find balance... Although he enjoys watching games with me, he's definitely not as big of a fan as I am... so he shakes his head as I teach her to say things like, "Yay, Kobe" and "Defense" while we watch the games. {HA!}
This morning, as I was getting Leyla dressed for school, she was quite the chatterbox. She asked me to play the ABC song for her on her CD player, talked about her bestie Owen {who has been on vacation so I'm sure she misses him}, and said, "I like Dada's car"... which sounds more like, "I yike Dada cah"... As we were leaving, I mentioned that we were going to take Dada's car to school instead of Mama's. She seemed excited... she grabbed one of her favorite stuffed animals, a little black and white dog, and marched out our front door. She's such a dog lover... one morning I tried to dress her in a shirt with a picture of a cat on it... she got totally upset, pointed at her dresser drawer, and said, "Doggie one!"
Speaking of her love of dogs, here are a few photos of Leyla testing the patience of ours this past weekend. Her new thing is she likes to sit on their backs... like they are her miniature ponies or something. {HA HA!} They are seriously such good dogs because they don't seem to mind it at all...
Boy, have our lives changed... an eventful Tuesday night consists of me coming home at 9:30 and a trip to Costco! The Dehdashtis are party animals! HAHA! The funny thing is, we wouldn't have it any other way... =)
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
{photos taken on iPhone, edited by Instagram}
hahahahaha...bryant's niece ally used to "ride" on toby, too. good thing our dogs are good sports, huh? crossing my fingers for a laker win tonight...BUT...i'll need just one more loss at some point so that i can go to game six! :)
ReplyDeleteHey, Amy! Aww, yes...thank goodness for our good-natured dogs! =) Fingers crossed you and a game six!!!
ReplyDeleteway to paint the town RED mom! =P
ReplyDeleteas i was reading the bit about the black & white stuffed dog i saw the pictures & i was thinking "hmm, that stuffed dog looks A LOT like Maui" hahahaha (i feel like Stella is saying "HELP ME" in that next to last photo...)
Oh my gosh, Lydia... I just re-looked at the photos and that is totally the face Stella is making! If I knew how to make a little bubble caption over her head I would do it. HAHA!
ReplyDelete