Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Making Cupcakes...

Every Sunday morning, we'd wake up with the heavenly scent of bread baking in our kitchen. Mom would prepare the dough on Saturday, let it rise all night, then wake up before any of us to put it in the oven the next morning. There's nothing like hot, fresh bread on a chilly morning. Of course I took it for granted then... I admit that now I crave my mom's bread all the time. Although my skills aren't as drool-worthy as my mom's, I still have a love of baking. Today felt like a nice afternoon to bake with Leyla. It was her FIRST time... we had tons of fun... and best of all it made me think of my mom. =) 



 Leyla was the BEST helper ever! She was a pro with the whisk...


 Ready for the oven!

 Now we wait...
Mike called on his way home from work as the cupcakes were baking... Leyla excitedly told him, "Hurry Dada! We're making cupcakes!"


 I think she likes it... =)


Hope you're enjoying your weekends! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment