Another Thanksgiving has come and gone... We had a wonderful holiday filled with not one, but two Thanksgiving feasts! Thanksgiving number one was the Korean-American version...turkey and kimchee. {HA!) Leyla enjoyed my mom's japchae (glass noodles) and fresh baked rolls immensely. My brother made a fantastic mashed potato dish. Thanksgiving number two was celebrated at my brother-in-law's home. My niece Morgan had her cousins there from her mom's side... the girls rehearsed a musical performance all afternoon and put on a great show at the end of the night... with an autograph signing in the garage afterwards, of course! =) I couldn't help think of my cousins and I putting on similar shows during the holidays!
Mike headed to work this morning as Leyla and I lounged around... What did we have planned for this Black Friday? NOT shopping! Trying to fight the crowd with a toddler in a stroller didn't sound appealing to me at all. After a leisurely breakfast, I decided to take Leyla on a little hike around Turtle Rock. Being one with nature is good for the soul and I've been craving some fall foliage... so off we went! Mike says that the changing of the leaves makes him sad... but I think that it's absolutely beautiful... and an essential part of the cycle that is life. Enjoy a few photos from our post-Thanksgiving Friday afternoon...
Happy Friday, all! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!
























No comments:
Post a Comment