During our Cho-Lee-Dehdashti Christmas party, my cousin Ken brought out a DVD of our childhood Christmas home movies. As we all sat there together watching our antics, it truly felt like Christmas. Seeing and hearing my grandparents made my heart ache a little. The next day, on my drive home from work, memories of my grandmother filled my head. The last few minutes I had with her, I sat next to her bedside. She told told me in her vibratro-laden voice to get a bag from next to the bed. I pulled the contents out onto my lap. They were photos. Photos of me that she'd displayed in her home, photos of my dad when he was young, and photos of our family. She told me that she wanted me to have them... and to take care of them. In realizing what this meant, my eyes filled with tears as I silently looked at the pictures with shaky hands. As this memory replayed in my mind, I became certain of one thing... that it's our job to preserve moments in our lives - no matter how small - and to pass down to remember.
During our Dehdashti Christmas party I took photographs... but also tried out the video function on my camera. So, here is my first attempt at making a little video... thank goodness for Apple who makes it so fun! =)
Happy New Year!!!
how cute!
ReplyDelete