Just when you thought that I've fallen off of the blogoshere, right? {WINK} New responsibilities at work along with working on my new photography website have literally consumed me... so, unfortunately my Leyla blog posts have been few and far between. Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do!
Last week, Leyla was Shabbat Star at her school! It's a great thing that the teachers at the JCC do every year. Each child gets one week out of the year to be "Shabbat Star". I made a poster full of Leyla's pictures and favorite things to be displayed in her classroom. On Friday, Mike and I were invited to spend some time at the school to go to the sing-a-long, read to her class, and join them for lunch. Enjoy a few photos from our visit!
Leyla was so excited to see us... here is is sprinting across the playground wearing the awesome crown that Ms. Maria made for her!
Here are Leyla's amazing teachers, Lisa and Maria! They've created a great learning environment for the children... their classroom is filled with so many different textures and colors on the walls and hanging from the ceiling! They gathered up the children in no time to head to the sing-a-long!
Leyla's poster!
Choo-choo!
Leyla was so happy that we joined her for our first Shabbat sing-a-long! It was very cool to see all of the children singing and dancing together!
"Besties" =)
Leyla then went up to the front to get her Challah!
Then we headed back to the classroom for storytime with yours truly. =)
Mike did a great job of taking these photos!
Our time with Leyla ended with lunchtime!
Many thanks to Ms. Lisa and Ms. Maria for a memorable experience for our family... I can't think of a better way to have spent our lunch break!
Have a great weekend, all!


















No comments:
Post a Comment