Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Afternoon...

This weekend was the first "normal" weekend we've had in a while. It's been a tough couple of weeks for us... We had our first emergency room experience with Leyla and our beloved dog Stella passed away. Leyla ended up being fine {thank goodness} but we all still feel the hole that losing Stella has made in our home. Stella was our first dog... my first "baby". Mike and I brought her home as a puppy shortly after we decided to move in together.  It's been difficult trying to explain to Leyla that Stella isn't coming back... She still asks every morning to play with her doggies {plural}. I hope that Leyla will always remember her sweet furry friend... and I'm thankful for the photos we took of them together so that she can look back on them someday. As we gave Maui her bath yesterday, it definitely wasn't the same. Our doggie bath times usually involved us laughing hysterically as two soggy friends shook their sopping wet fur all over us. {Sigh}

On our way home this afternoon from a fun playdate with one of her best friends, Leyla decided that she wanted to come home and fingerpaint. Before sitting down in front of my computer to finish up some photo projects, I set her up with her oversized paper and favorite paints... and snapped a few photos to help us remember these simple sweet moments. =)











Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment